FAQ  •  Login

New Here

<<

Wisdomcube2000

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:13 pm

New Here

And thought it would be polite to introduce myself before I go posting about.
I only just recently noticed this forum from tophatts site and figured it would be a good place for any future help. I say help mostly due to the fact that I've yet to finish ANY of my maps (2 tf2 maps, 3 Gmod maps, 4 hl2 maps, 2 CCS maps and some other random concept maps) lol. They all seem to get to that halfway done point before I get hung up on some random detail that just derails all my motivation/progress to a point where I almost always seem to simply forget about it. I didn't realize this was going on until my bro called me up on it and I was like "wtf? really?..."
So now with that aside, I do intend to finish AT LEAST one map (this 1 being for Garry's mod). I believe the idea for it is unique enough to warrant the map, so with that, here are some details:

Game = Garry's Mod (Using ep2 to map tho)
Art Style = Mirrors Edge
Gameplay = Obstacle Course consisting of the Primary Boat course with several checkpoints that require the players to park the boat and complete a mini challenge/puzzle to unlock the checkpoint allowing the boats to continue.
The coolness really comes from designing the boat in gMod and actually having a use for it. My friends and I always make some really messed up sh!t but too often it gets ignored simply because we never really had a use for it (beyond pelting it with rockets lol) and I believe that a map like this could fix that. :t3cool:
So with that long a** intro, I'm hoping this will be the one that finally sticks lol and I'm looking forward to the stay here :t3biggrin:
"Fear not the Obvious"
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: New Here

Welcome! Post some screens of your maps if you feel like it.
<<

Wisdomcube2000

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:53 am

vecima wrote:Welcome! Post some screens of your maps if you feel like it.

I couldn't post the pics of 'em since they were all lost when my old hard drive went out about 6/7 months ago lol (About the last time I mapped for Hammer lol)
But seriously though should I make a new thread for my map/s that I'm working on? Or would it be better to just use this thread for all that? Also can anyone point me in the right direction on how to make a good looking flowing river texture? I'm still kinda new to texture creation so any help would be great.
"Fear not the Obvious"
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Howdy.
Yeah make a thread on your projects if you want to. But It seems to me that a little info with pics, is more interesting then a lot of text with no pics. Or you can put it in this thread, either one is fine. We're an easy going community.
You know, if you post something in the wrong section we might let you know but it's not that big of a deal like it is with some places.

Making textures for rivers and such, look into Tophatts tutorials, he's got a nice one on waterfalls somewhere on there, same effect can make a nice river too.
<<

Wisdomcube2000

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Nicadeamas wrote:.
Howdy.
Yeah make a thread on your projects if you want to. But It seems to me that a little info with pics, is more interesting then a lot of text with no pics. Or you can put it in this thread, either one is fine. We're an easy going community.
You know, if you post something in the wrong section we might let you know but it's not that big of a deal like it is with some places.

Making textures for rivers and such, look into Tophatts tutorials, he's got a nice one on waterfalls somewhere on there, same effect can make a nice river too.

I may make a new post simply for the map I'm working on, though I probably won't do so until there's something nice there to look at. Unless you guys don't mind some dev textures lol. But first I'll have to take a look at those tut's now :).
"Fear not the Obvious"

Return to Welcome