dod_ez_coy_blackhawkdown_i (wip)

<<

AreoLive

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:22 pm

dod_ez_coy_blackhawkdown_i (wip)

BAM!!!!! didn't see it coming! :t3blkninjavanish:

SO I posted this over on ez-coy and i thought I should start sharing here too, I didn't see a WIP section so I thought this was the best place for this. SO sorry if this is in the wrong spot.
So, Long story short this map is a reskin+ steroid enduced version of a map ym clam leader from one of my older clams made. Hes retired on steam and I didn't want the idea to die because this map was a server filler. The name of the map is a WIP as well because of all the changes I've made to the original the name doesn't really fit. So enjoy! Tell me what you think. I REALLY hope you guys like this! I'll post a map file soon here when I feel comfortable showing it all off. (even though it's fully playable now) All the pictures were from the German side of things because the US side had a lot more to do on the realism side of things. (but trust me it's cool for them too)

Oh and I need a special model for this map made as well as a skin for the Halftrack. If you can do either please contact me.
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: dod_ez_coy_blackhawkdown_i (wip)

Wow!. Thats awesome!

What you should do is take like 10 pics, then post 5 here and 5 at easycoy lol. That way I have something to reply to on the easycoy forums as well. :-D
<<

AreoLive

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Haha, but Nic there isn't a whole lot to show! Not until I can show off the US side and that needs a model still!
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 pm

very nice! This definitely has a lot of potential.

for custom props, keep propper in mind... I made a bunch of custom props by building them in brushes and 16X larger (so I could do detail work) then scaling it down when it compiles the prop.
<<

AreoLive

Private 2
Private 2

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:26 pm

vecima wrote:very nice! This definitely has a lot of potential.

for custom props, keep propper in mind... I made a bunch of custom props by building them in brushes and 16X larger (so I could do detail work) then scaling it down when it compiles the prop.

I'll use it as a last resort. otherwise I need A black Hawk model made. I know it's not every WW2 like but doing anything else is beyond my level of mapping.
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:58 pm

ahh, a blackhawk might be hard to do in brushes, even at 16X size... you might need a real modeler for that...

or a free one:

http://gfx-3d-model.blogspot.com/2008/08/blackhawk.html

http://www.box.net/shared/4ao75395un

(you would just have to convert either of these to source)
<<

AreoLive

Private 2
Private 2

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Currently I have "orange" ones that are suitable for testing and in an orange map look terrific but I have to kick this baby up a notch! The map is currently fully playable, just not fully textured.
<<

Fishrokk

Private 2
Private 2

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:38 pm

May I suggest a more period aircraft? Perhaps a P-51, or a B-17?

I just found a cool model repository, but no aircraft. I emailed the creator to see if he's got anything that's not on the site. PM me for a link to the repository, I'm not going to post the link here because I haven't read the forum rules that closely.

Edit: Thanks, vecima! Though I prolly shoulda just read the rules (yep, I'm lazy!). There's a good deal of cool DoD:S models here:
http://www.theuke.net/
Last edited by Fishrokk on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:26 pm

I don't know how often AreoLive checks in at our site. You might find him at Easy Company.

Links are fine here as long as they're gaming related, or related to an off topic discussion. just no spam.
<<

AreoLive

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Luckly Nic keeps me up today on stuff haha. This map has taken a 360 and is now a primary map for the V for Victory mod. Like many of the maps I work on they seem to take drastic turns and the current verion is much different than the one posted here. Although I like the idea that was focuse don in this map and I may go back to it and work on it.

Return to Multiplayer Maps / Mods