FAQ  •  Login

Deadline Friday.

<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Re: Deadline Friday.

@Joff... ooh... I'll have to try that on my evo.

@Nic, sweet... I never got a chance to play this release, but I'm looking forward to the next lol
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:58 pm

1.7 is up. We need to try and get a little party for ourselves for this.
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:18 am

Argh! I wish I had internet where I live now! (I'm on here a lot for someone without internet. Ah, borrowed computers...)
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:21 am

Once again, the latest version is up and running (As far as I know.)
Version 1.9
I haven't tested it with more players then just me. And I haven't gone through it in VS. But it should work. Will be testing it with friends either tomorrow night or Sunday night, then maybe possibly shooting out a version 2.0 if I really really need to.
But anyway, it's up, that will probably be the last update for a few months aside from the site.
So now I may be able to catch up on some other source projects and get them on the site. :Party:

http://nicadeamas.type3studios.com/c_l4d2_campaign.html
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:22 pm

I might be able to play for a while tonight (Sun). I'll DL this version now.
<<

Ryan

Private 1

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:35 pm

Hello there. :)

A friend of mine linked me to your campaign, and I decided to give it a try. I must admit, you're off to a good start. :D

But if I may make some suggestions, go back over your sky boxes on map 2 and map 3 because they're not there for people on low shader settings. You can fix this by having what's called LDR versions, I'm sure you can figure it out. ;)

Other than that, I think you'd only need to be concerned about optimizing better because I had some fps drops in some areas on all the maps. :?

I added you on Steam if that's okay with you, maybe it'd help better for bug reporting, and you can see the screenshots on my profile. :P

Could you also consider using the original L4D1 survivors? I think they'd really fit better in your campaign since you're using the classic darker atmosphere throughout the campaign. 8-)
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:29 pm

Awesome, great suggestions, nice feedback. I've dropped the hard core work on the campaign for the past 2 months.
But I'm hoping to get back to it and finish the campaign off in the next month or so.

Nice info on the fps. Would be really awesome if you could make up a list of where you get low fps. The lowest machine over here is a 2.5Ghz HT with a 9600 Radeon. Very old but It hasn't been giving me fps problems so I haven't been worrying about it.

I like the idea on the L4D1 characters, I will try and figure out how to do that.

The sky has always been confusing to me. There are bugs in the L4D engine I've never had to deal with in the normal source engine. But I make progress on them here and there.
The LDR being the cause of the sky problems is an interesting conclusion that doesn't make much sense to me.
Last I knew HDR was added info to an LDR compile. Do you have any links to info on the sky thing?

Would love to chat on steam. But also love to have more activity on the forums too so feel free to communicate over both haha.

Sweet screen shots. (This is the first time I've seen the steam screen shot thing.)
Awesome, you found Gman.

The stats and final event have been a pain to me for the 6 months I spent building the campaign. When I compiled Version 1.9 and 2.0 the Stats worked when I tested... But then they stopped.... Stats and finals hate me.

Awesome pics. (Except the ones that are missing the proper amount of clothes.)
Thanks for the feedback.
Previous

Return to Multiplayer Maps / Mods