2 Mods!

<<

joff

First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:01 pm

2 Mods!

******MOD 1******

Me and a couple of friends have an idea for a game and have alot of docs ready to start making it, now this in itself is a good think however we have 1 author (self published), 1 concept artist and me a programmer/newb mapper so this is me asking if anyone wants to help out all.

All models used will be custom by the time the mod is finished i have 2 very good friends who will be working on them once i have a team together for it all, 1 modeller is in the games industry and the other makes the models for military and aerospace videos/simulators, Im looking for 2-3 mappers to help out.

Now for a bit of info about the mod...

The game is a Zombie Survival game (Resident Evil / Left 4 Dead / Dead Rising) with influences from Shaun of the dead, Diary/Day/Dawn of the dead and some other awesome films.

The basic idea is that a virus has broken out into a town (Resident Evil / Dead Rising) and will have all the features you would expect like looking for surviors, Army presence, Running from danger, However we do have a couple of different ideas which are mostly stat based which i dont want to just post on the internet for obvious reasons.

Another part of the game is based in what we are calling your "Safe House" where you barricade the doors / windows / garden and so on with bits you find laying around the town (there is a flash game called "The Last Stand" which is where we got that idea), And there is alot of little things like you get a torch and when the battery runs out you have to find a new battery to make it work again.

If anyone wants anymore details on this one or wants to help out let me know and we can talk more about it...

******Mod 2******

This mod is a bit different, I used to be part of a team working on a mod and sadly people dropped out and the mod now is scrapped so here is the idea...

BATTLE ROYALE

For those that dont know Battle Royale is a film where a class of students get taken to an isolated island and forced to kill each other if you havnt seen the film i strongly recommend it, Was released under Tartan Asia Extreme. There is also a series of Manga for it aswell which is more graphical than the film which i thought was impossible until i got them all.

The idea of the mod was to make it in 2 parts, one for each film using the 2nd film for the single player mode as the story allows that and the 1st film for a multiplayer mod as it is 30 people killing each other death match stylie.

Features that should be included are the explosive collers and the hazard zones. For this one i have no one although i can probably get my 3 modellers to deal with the models so once again mappers are required and anyone else interested in coding.

Concept for this one will be done using stills from the film which i will gladly grab as i love the films

If you wanna help out on either or have any suggestions or ideas please let me know as i want to get both of these started at the start of next year, I think both Mods will do well.
Programmer / Web Designer / Server Admin
www.joffcom.net
www.pontification.net
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:38 pm

Re: 2 Mods!

joff bites off 2! good luck when you start chewing!

I'd help but I have my set projects right now, and I've vowed not to take any more on.
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:36 am

vecima wrote:joff bites off 2! good luck when you start chewing!

I'd help but I have my set projects right now, and I've vowed not to take any more on.

I on the other hand have cheeks the size of blimps, teeth from a bear, a jaw like a shark, and unfortunately the thought of a mascot.

Mod 1.
You know I had a mod that I decided was so cool, I shouldn't even try makeing it unless there was a high possibility of being able to do a half decent job of it.
Get me in contact with the lead storyboard director, I got some ideas I want to run by him. Maybe I'm in maybe not.
<<

joff

First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:32 pm

sent a PM to you Nic..

fair enough vecima i have 3 other projects i am working on 1 is using an engine from scratch
www.joffcom.net
www.pontification.net
<<

joff

First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Thu May 20, 2010 4:01 am

a year late but im starting on the battle royale mod again, dont want to go all out on moddb or anything on it yet want to wait and see if its feasable first, the other mod i mentioned in the post is still being planned out as alot has changed with the idea
www.joffcom.net
www.pontification.net
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Thu May 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Ohh, this was 17 months ago. Now I dont feel so bad for having no memory of my post...
I just read through the whole thing thinking this was new until I got to my post.

Keep us updated on what happens. I would like to help but as always, I'm already into a couple mods.
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Fri May 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Vecima, this looks like a job for the Type 3 Mod Base that you were talking about.

Return to Single Player Maps / Mods