FAQ  •  Login

Sometime in January, I think

<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Sometime in January, I think

So here's the deal. I'm going to put this mod out as soon as I feel like it's in an acceptable condition. What I mean by acceptable is that the whole thing can be played through without any game breaking bugs or glaringly obvious mistakes. This means that the mod is not going to be perfect, but should be in pretty good working order. Since we're releasing in episodes, this also means that we'll have chances to fix up and polish up the previous episodes when we release subsequent ones. We're trying to take the best of both philosophies of mod releasing - the iterative approach usually taken by multiplayer mods where each release improves on the last, and the episodic approach where you get to play each chunk of the mod sooner. The idea and the hope with this approach is that rather than burning ourselves out on every minute detail in the first few chapters, we can spend some time on them and work on the next episode, which will be better for our motivation and sense of accomplishment, and hopefully rid us of the feeling that we need to take the extended breaks from this project that have set it so far behind schedule. With that in mind, I'm hoping that first release will be sometime in january. For those of you who beta tested, and need a reason to play through the mod again, the first release will now contain four maps, the last of which wasn't in the beta.
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Sometime in January, I think

Schweeet!
That be the way to go I say. Looking forward to it!
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:24 pm

OK, so, good thing no-one but Nicadeamas was paying attention, because I obviously missed that deadline. The reason is that I'm doing a website and that deadline got pushed back, so I didn't have time to come back to working on this. I'm hoping to have time now, so we'll see if I can manage to finish this up.
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:38 pm

Good luck, Vecima! Your mod is certainly chugging along faster than mine- the AI issues have frustrated my efforts greatly. For now I'm focusing on some map design work.
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Yeah, sorry I haven't had more time to look more closely at the things you're trying to do. Once I've got BOP out the door I'll dedicate some time to helping you out with ai issues (keep in mind, it might be beyond my capabilities). You might need to remind me too, so feel free to bug me about it ;)
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:06 pm

I'll do that. Thanks for the help in advance, Vecima!

Meantime, I'll keep working on the map layouts.
<<

Kobolt

Private 1

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:20 am

Great idea breaking the mod into episodes. it should really keep the mod thriving when content is released in a steady stream rather than huge chunks. if you need help testing the map or anything like that, i could always help if you need it.
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:26 pm

I think the next thing to happen will just be the mod being released to the public. It won't be perfect, but there's always time to polish it more later. We might be looking to take one or two people onto the team after that.
<<

reacT

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:50 pm

dibs =P

Return to The Battle of Philadelphia