FAQ  •  Login

NPC assault group problems

<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: NPC assault group problems

I'm not sure if a path track can be the target... I usually use an info_target I think.

also, you might have to wait to activate the schedule until after the sequence is complete.
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:11 pm

Way to resurrect a really old, dead thread, but I actually happen to be looking at assaults and aiscripts right now.

I'm trying to find a way for the AI to track the player across a level without feeling like it's cheating. My plan is to use large trigger volumes hooked up to env_microphone to use sound outputs from the player to tell the AI to go to the player with a Run To Goal Entity !player if they are A. nearby the area where the sound is triggering and B. the player is in the same area.
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Wow. You sounds more advanced than anything I can say to help.
But for the sake of tossing my idea out there, you could set your trigger volumes up with a math_counter, in order to have a numerical value for the players progression, then forward that into logic_cases, which then relay the orders to your NPC's. Then you could tie in logic_branches and timers to stop certain bugs like if the player ran back and forth between two areas too much.
Previous

Return to Level Design