FAQ  •  Login

Is this a leak?

<<

GorLEs

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:01 am

Is this a leak?

Ok. I haven't been mapping with hammer in ages. But now as CS GO is about to be released and I fell in love with arms race (aka gun game) I decided to make a map for it.
However I'm stuck at the beginning. When I compile the map, there are loads of black surfaces even though...:
- They are not model textures
- Compilelog does not show any leaks (as far as I saw..)
- Overall structure is really simple atm
Only report I could find from the log was "ConVarRef gpu_level doesn't point to an existing ConVar".

Pics:

E:
Sidenote: When I compile the map, it doesn't run it (open CSGO) even though I have unticked "don't run game after compiling".
<<

GorLEs

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Is this a leak?

Remade the start and found out the problem. CSGO just doesnt like "mat_fullbright 1" -consolecommand. When I put couple of lights in there the problems went away. If I then put fullbright back up again, black surfaces appear.. :)
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Interesting.
I'm going to try and remember that one. Howdy, nice to see you again buddy.
<<

GorLEs

Private 2
Private 2

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:47 am

Hehe, you too. :)
I didn't even remember how much fun this can be. I've made quite a lot of progress with this map (as gungame maps arent that large to begin with!). The primary design of the level should be done pretty soon (I hope). After that its just optimizing and decorating.. ^^
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Sweet!
Always good to get back in the groove of mapping.
I'm Out of it for the past month but I finished my secondary job so as soon as Fallout Vegas is over I'll probably be getting back into the groove to.
<<

GorLEs

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:04 am

Still gonna borrow this thread..

Can't get radar working. The map is pretty much done, but I cant get a radar into it! Tried following a couple of tutorials made for CSS (assuming they do also work on CSGO) with no luck.
The radar just stays black. :/
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:04 pm

It's been years since I have done a radar. But this is the tut I always go back to... or. always did go back to back when I was asked questions or had one to do.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Overview

From what I can remember off the bat, black is good, it means it has the image but the coords are wrong. Purple black means it doesn't have the image but it has the VMT, and clear/green is no info to input so default green-ness.
As a last resort you could dig up de_zentech_office, and decompile the bsp.. or just look at it via bspviewer... if that still works... anyway, you could try to get ahold of those files in there to grab the coors I used and work off them OR! .... I should have thought about this sooner...

http://www.tophattwaffle.com/hammer-tut ... tom-radar/

His tutorials are normally 5on5 so that is where I would go first. Report back if you still can't get it plz.
<<

GorLEs

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:37 am

Hmmm yea the coordinates might be wrong. I'll try again the radar soon, I made some changes to the map so I have to take a new overview anyway. :)
<<

GorLEs

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:25 pm

Geeeez feel kinda dumb. :oops:

They changed the format from .vtf --> .dds. That should have been quite obvious seeing the official maps "..._radar.dds" files.

Now its working. Phew!

Return to Level Design