Alternate zombie models.

<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Alternate zombie models.

Hey guys!

So I've recently been told that I need to decide on my final-year project for next year at uni. I am thinking a Half Life 2 mod with lots of custom content, including models and other goodies. Considering I can't really program anything significant I figured it would be good to get a head start by doing some research into how I would do things.

I have a problem regarding adding new/custom models to the npc_zombie entity. I posted in the interlopers forum so I'll just copy what I wrote there into this post...

So I want to add some custom zombie models to the npc_zombie entity. I have followed this tutorial:

http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewto ... 11&t=31530

...and I ended up with several "precompiled header" warnings. I checked out this page:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki ... der_VS2010

and read that I had to do the following:

If you want to remove the "precompiled header" warnings seen during a full compile, open these files in your client project and move #include "cbase.h" up to the first line:

1. hud_locator.cpp
2. hud_credits.cpp
3. hud_flashlight.cpp

I did that, and got lots of new errors and that's when I gave up.

I am a complete noob at c++ programming so I 'm not really sure what I'm doing. I know that there are issues when using newer version of VS but I don't really know how to resolve my situation.

Any help would be great, thanks!
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: Alternate zombie models.

Well I haven't a clue how to help you sadly.
But hey there hows it going?
Haven't seen you for a good while now... wow, when was the last time we talked anyway?
Built anything new in hammer?
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:15 am

Hey hey!

I'm pretty good. Been making models and stuff in maya recently. Getting used to that!

Hows it going?

I haven't really made anything in hammer recently to be honest but I always want to. Never have the time though. I figured this is a perfect excuse to do just that!
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:54 am

Going good, have finally been getting all kinds of things finished around the house... (Lol, sense I've known you I've often said something like "I'm gunna go find something around the house to work on now." And the good news is things are finally getting 'done' around the house lol)
4 out of the past 7 months went into L4D2 mapping... I think I told you about that. The campaign is like 98% finished. Just has a few bugs that I haven't wanted to fix.
http://nicadeamas.type3studios.com/c_l4d2_campaign.html

Then I've been working on other mapping projects, and getting nowhere in my quest to learn java programming.
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:11 am

Awesome!

THat L4D campaing looks pretty sweet. We should probably play it sometime.

I'm currently doing loads of modelling so if you need anything (fairly small/simple) let me know. I need the experience!
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:57 pm

andy, I'm not totally sure what those warnings are about, but I would just let them stay if they aren't causing any problems. certainly warnings are better than errors! ;)
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Yea, I figured out I had "IsBIK" error which was why the compile was failing. I haven't had a chance to try and fix it yet but there is a solution on this page: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki ... der_VS2010. Hopefully I'll get round to some experimentation soon. Last big uni deadline for a while on friday!
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:52 pm

cool, let me know if it works out.
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Ok, so I fixed the IsBIK error and it now compiles successfully. However, at the end of the compile I get the following message:

Unable to start program
'C:\Users\Andy\Documents\TestMod\src\game\client\.\Release_episodic\Client Episodic.dll'.

The system cannot find the file specified.
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:36 pm

it sounds like it's trying to run your mod when it's done compiling. try going into the client src/game/client folder and fining the server and client DLLs, then copy them into your mod folder and run your mod from the steam window. The compile process is supposed to copy them over for your, but it never works for me for some reason.
Next

Return to Programming