FAQ  •  Login

need help PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :P

<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:52 am

Re: need help PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :P

did you make sure the multiplayer versions of the player class were included in the project?

i've never coded MP myself, but it seems like C_HL2MP_Player would be something defined in the default code.

also, vc++ 2005 may be the easier way, but I use 2008 myself (mind you i use it with Single Player code).
<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:09 am

I think he did include the file. From what it sounds he hasn't changed any source, just doing a straight up compile. I would def say it is 2008 causing it.
<<

d3athwolf

Private 2
Private 2

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:13 am

well i'v fixed the ploblem now ==

bloody hell all it was was this
  Code:
#include "c_hl2mp_player.h"

the way i had it was
#include "cbase.h"
#include "hud.h"
#include "hudelement.h"
#include "hud_macros.h"
#include "hud_numericdisplay.h"
#include "iclientmode.h"

#include "vgui_controls/AnimationController.h"
#include "vgui/ILocalize.h"

but it need to be like this
#include "cbase.h"
#include "hud.h"
#include "hudelement.h"
#include "hud_macros.h"
#include "hud_numericdisplay.h"
#include "iclientmode.h"

#include "vgui_controls/AnimationController.h"
#include "vgui/ILocalize.h"

i had to move it from the top of the list to in the middle or somewere in the list how stupid and small a ploblem was that == to cos so mush egh well if any1 has that ploblem well thats how to fix it lol
<<

joff

First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:26 pm

vecima wrote:but I use 2008 myself (mind you i use it with Single Player code).

i use 2008 aswell with no problems at all...

Craziestdan wrote:I think he did include the file. From what it sounds he hasn't changed any source, just doing a straight up compile. I would def say it is 2008 causing it.

Looks like you was wrong, never assume its the dev envir causing the problem, Valve have indeed said that you should expect problems with 2008 but it compiles fine.

Craziestdan wrote:It's not that I don't want to help, I'm just not helping someone who's not willing to help themselves. Ask any programmer, they'll say the same thing to learn real C++!

Im a programmer and i would have helped him out if i saw the post earlier, Its a common mistake to make for those new to the code or those who havnt read through the documentation.

You did well to find the solution to the problem and hopefully this will be the start of a good programming set for you
Programmer / Web Designer / Server Admin
www.joffcom.net
www.pontification.net
<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:35 pm

joff wrote:
Craziestdan wrote:I think he did include the file. From what it sounds he hasn't changed any source, just doing a straight up compile. I would def say it is 2008 causing it.

Looks like you was wrong, never assume its the dev envir causing the problem, Valve have indeed said that you should expect problems with 2008 but it compiles fine.

Craziestdan wrote:It's not that I don't want to help, I'm just not helping someone who's not willing to help themselves. Ask any programmer, they'll say the same thing to learn real C++!

Im a programmer and i would have helped him out if i saw the post earlier, Its a common mistake to make for those new to the code or those who havnt read through the documentation.

I wasn't wrong. I was just assuming he didn't, read back and you'll see.
And if you wouldn't say to a person learn real C++ before going into Source C++ then seriously...
<<

d3athwolf

Private 2
Private 2

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:46 pm

when I redid the code I followed the from word to word but this time I looked at every fine detail I didn't really note us that they used bold for what I needed to change on top of that the include was my biggest problem I didn't know it had to be in the list like really in the middle of the list cos they didn't say only that put it in the list of includes at the top of the page o well its working now just thing is when i go on 1 of my map's got like 20 sec's of play time to see if the stuff iv done on the maps work hahaha cos of client time out meh easy fix well

ps sorry if the English is poor in this just woke up like 3 mins ago
<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:12 pm

It shouldn't of needed putting the include in the middle of the list of includes. Aslong as it's not first, and not after memdbgon.h then it should've been fine I would've thought. But hey.
<<

joff

First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:20 am

Multiplayer code is really different from single player you need to worry about placement aswell, if you look at the error codes in the first post and the code he posted you should have picked up on it, I only noticed it because i have looked through the multiplayer code though so maybe its where you have only focused on the SP code
Programmer / Web Designer / Server Admin
www.joffcom.net
www.pontification.net
<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:54 pm

True. I've only ever messed with SP. I did do a MP compile once tho, on vs2008, I remember there were lot's of errors. I think I ended up quitting using vs2008 then (my vs2005 wouldn't work) but luckily on my new PC I've been able to use 2005.
Previous

Return to Programming