FAQ  •  Login

Main Theme

<<

reacT

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Tue May 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Re: Main Theme

No problem, also ive made a new project just to test some ambient fx in music to see what it sounds like, let me know what you guys think;
http://www.4shared.com/audio/cHH_MFYW/M ... tTest.html
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Wed May 18, 2011 6:44 am

Also great! I really like it. I can see this as the men u music or something.

What's your mod? I'm very interested now.
<<

reacT

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Wed May 18, 2011 6:49 am

Well, I was working on a Sci-fi horror mod but I dont have the manpower to do something like that, so i'm going to work on something along the lines of an alternate historical reality, where America get invaded by a country (dunno which yet), And the player is going to be like a National Reserve / Homeland Security or whatever, going to form a Rebellion or something, I haven't finalised an idea yet just formulating things, I have to plan within my capability, since I can only Create maps, textures, sounds, music various art and stuff. kinda taking things as they go really, it's tough doing it alone lol.
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Wed May 18, 2011 6:55 am

Yea, I can imagine. If I didn't have my final year project to do for uni I'd offer to help but sadly I need to do my own thing. I can offer some simplish models though if you ever need one?

Whatever you do, don't make it Russia invading America! LOL

By the way, my dad is a computer technician and one of his employees knows how to 'get' lots of software. So he said he can get me FL Studio! :D Not sure about any VSTs yet. How much are they normally?
<<

reacT

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Wed May 18, 2011 10:53 am

Thanks man, that's appreciated, i'll let ya know, I'm not at the stage where i need anything yet, but will let ya know when i do :)

I was thinking of making it stem from ww2, nazi germany overthrown by a Revolution in their country who basically ... did better than Hitler in ww2, but im not sure yet, open to suggestions :)

That's good, well VST's can be quite expensive but there are "ways" to acquire them. VST's generally range anywhere from £30 to £1000 lol.

Also what are you working on for your uni project? if you need anything in my area of expertise then I would gladly return the favour since you're offering to help me :)
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Wed May 18, 2011 11:59 am

Your initial ideas are sounding good to me.

It's going to be some kind of eerie/scary mod. Around an abandoned industrial estate or some such. Nothing final yet but some eerie ambiant music will no doubt be needed at some point. Will let you know too ;).

£1000 for essentially an add-on... ouch. I'll ask if I can acquire any.
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Tue May 24, 2011 6:38 am

I now have FL Studio 10 installed on my PC. No VSTs yet because I don't know which ones I need.
<<

reacT

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Tue May 24, 2011 9:55 am

Nice. well it depends what you want to produce. if you're wanting to make tracks like mine, look for some Orchestral VST's. btw, I'm using these songs as tracks on the new Insurgency: Redeployment mod that's in production. I've put my mod on hold for a while, gonna find some books to learn some stuff. but I'm the Lead Music Engineer for INSR :D woop
Previous

Return to Sound / Music