FAQ  •  Login

Main Theme

<<

reacT

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Mon May 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Main Theme

Hey guys, working on a new song, themed like action film / game soundtrack or whatever, needs alot of work but i think im gettin used to the whole orchestral stuff :)

http://www.4shared.com/audio/wkd4GNrV/MainthemeWIP.html
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Mon May 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Re: Main Theme

very nice! What sort of atomosphere / setting is that going to be used in? It would fit lot's of different themes, but I'm curious what you were thinking of when you started it?
<<

reacT

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Tue May 17, 2011 2:15 am

I was thinking along the lines of an action / thriller movie to be honest, but started adapting it to sound more "gamey" :), glad you like it. may be used in a modern-day mod.
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Tue May 17, 2011 6:16 am

Wow, that is really cool.

What program do you use for this?
<<

reacT

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Tue May 17, 2011 10:56 am

FL Studio and various VST's :) glad you like it. any suggestions? or any songs you think i should take inspiration from?
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Tue May 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Nice!

Can't really think of any suggestions to be honest. I really haven't got a clue about sound production but I can definately recognise a good theme tune when I hear it. That was definately one. It just made me want to play some EPIC game or watch some EPIC movie.

How long does it take to make something like that and how difficult is it? Also, what's the difference between the four different FL studio versions? (https://support.image-line.com/jshop/shop.php)
<<

reacT

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Tue May 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Good to see it had a positive effect on you. well it took me about an hour to make what you heard, I'll admit, for a beginner, it will be difficult to learn. I started out producing commercial music like Dance, House, Handsup and Drum n Bass etc. but tbh, out of all the DAW's (Digital Audio Workstations) FL Studio is the most user-friendly of them all, it's quite easy to learn, I taught myself until I realised what "tutorials" were lol. but theres alot of support for FL Studio users on the net. Also I believe the Signature Bundle includes Various premium VST's (Virtual Instruments) which you have to otherwise pay for, and I believe it supports free lifetime upgrades, i'm not too sure, I have Producer Edition. But if you're interested in learning, I would definately recommend FL Studio :)
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Tue May 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks a lot for the info.

Without music/sound, media has almost no effect and I know how important it is. It seems that I want to learn everything at the moment! Haha.
<<

reacT

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Tue May 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Too True! I'll be honest, you can learn FL Studio quite quickly, the hardest part is getting used to FL Studio itself, my advice, if you get it. to play around with it in your spare time for a few weeks, learning what each component, I believe theres an "FL Studio Bible" floating around the net somewhere to help beginners familiarise themselves with the interface, when you get that nailed and you know where your looking and what each interface does. then its time to get some tutorials :) just let me know if you ever get it, I wouldn't mind teaching you some stuff in my spare time. :)
<<

Andy

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Tue May 17, 2011 3:21 pm

Sounds like a plan. I'll have a think about it. Thank you!
Next

Return to Sound / Music