FAQ  •  Login

i offer my services 2 u all!

<<

fearsonny

Private 2
Private 2

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:19 pm

i offer my services 2 u all!

just wanted to throw out the fact that i go to school for music production and sound engineering and would be more than happy to help with any of ur mapping sound needs ;) lemme know if ur interested in such help!

sonny
<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: i offer my services 2 u all!

Well, im in need of some cool music for my mod :D
If you'd like to make some music for it lemme know, :D
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:09 am

oo, sounds like you ought to get togeather with jjmusicnotes and build CraziestDan some cool tunes for his mod. :t3cool:
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:04 pm

cool! great to have another musical resource. some competition, eh, masterkhufu?
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:40 pm

Ohh, that is masterkhufu. Well he is jjmusicnotes as well so ha, I wasnt wrong. :?

He's been really busy lately, I'll send him a lonk to this thread next time I talk to him haha.
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:42 pm

i'll work with him, as long as he promises not to just copy and paste music together out of garage band or cake walk. :P
<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:20 pm

masterkhufu wrote:i'll work with him, as long as he promises not to just copy and paste music together out of garage band or cake walk. :P

If you mean you'll work with me then thats awsome :D
Only thing is, i have 0 skill in the music area, which is kinda why i need help. I just need someone to make me some cool tunes, this is for a marble mod, where you roll around as the marble through different stages solving puzzles, i just need some cool tunes to play while the player is in the map, so the music you make is looped ingame, i just basicly want some beautiful music, that sounds fun, and drives the player on in the puzzle maps. The marble mod im aiming for a cartoonish theme, not full cartoon, just cartoon alike TF2. And it will be a cheerful mod, with *hopefully some beautiful maps i make.

So i basicly want music to be played looped ingame. But like i said it needs to be beautiful and charming, so it keeps the player happy :D
So a little way to narrow down what i dont want:

heavy metal
electric guitar
heavy drums, but drums are good, just not full on if you know what i mean :D
Heavy base sounds.

Thats basicly what i dont want, im not saying i dont want those instruments in the tunes, i just mean i dont want songs heavily made from those instruments, because i dont want the mod to sound like rockband :D

So anything you can come up with is great, i do have 1 reference that might help you, i dont want it the same, because i dont want to copy, but this is just a idea:
http://www.switchball.com/
Go to that homepage, stop the trailer that will auto play, then listen to the music in the background. I'd like something comparable to that, hopefully better :D

That switchball game is basicly the reason why i started this mod :D

But like Nicadeamas has encouraged me, not to copy switchball to much, which i agree, but im just saying the music i would like something similar :D

Just something beautiful ingame :D

Once again sorry if this is too much to ask, but i really need some tunes for this mod, as its a huge part of anygame music. But it will be really apreciated.
Thanks
-Dan
Last edited by Craziestdan on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:58 pm

i was referring to fearsonny, but i just sent you an email Dan.
<<

fearsonny

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:49 pm

not a problem dan ;) woulda replied sooner but i was away camping for the weekend :0 i will take a listen asap and get back to u with my results :D as for masterkhufu, i dont believe in that kind of crap.. if i did i wouldnt be going to school for it ;) i use FL Studio for my sequencing and various vst synths and effects among many gigs of sample cds for percussion and effects. (and a few other bells and whistles like electrix warpfactory and roland jp8000) i do mostly electronica but i am open to anything really. well dan i will have a listen and get back to u :)
<<

fearsonny

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:00 pm

haha personally i found the music for the trailer much more interesting than just the background music :P so u want midi or it doesnt matter?
Next

Return to Sound / Music