FAQ  •  Login

Music contest.

<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:32 am

Music contest.

hmmm, dunno, maybe makeing the 2 music masters compete against eachother is a bad idea... But anyway.

You each make 3 songs for CraziestDans mod, Then everyone listens to them and picks their 4 favorit. I havent done the math on it but I'm 95% sure that if 4 people take a part in the ruleing then there is no way it can come to a draw unless those 4 people are doing that on purpose.

Anyway, whoever gets more votes for their songs gets 25$ USD. (And more if anyone ells wants to donate. Although I will need the winers Mailing address as thats the only way I have avalable for sending money haha.)

Does that sound like a good idea?
<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:36 am

Re: Music contest.

Nicadeamas wrote:.
hmmm, dunno, maybe makeing the 2 music masters compete against eachother is a bad idea... But anyway.

You each make 3 songs for CraziestDans mod, Then everyone listens to them and picks their 4 favorit. I havent done the math on it but I'm 95% sure that if 4 people take a part in the ruleing then there is no way it can come to a draw unless those 4 people are doing that on purpose.

Anyway, whoever gets more votes for their songs gets 25$ USD. (And more if anyone ells wants to donate. Although I will need the winers Mailing address as thats the only way I have avalable for sending money haha.)

Does that sound like a good idea?

Well im not making them compete against eachother. It will be simple, i will use both theirs, im not going to says who's is best and who's only i want. I wouldn't mind them working together, i thought they actually were.

SO incase masterfhufu thinks i'll like sonny's, or if sonny thinks i'll like masterkhufu's more im not doing that. I would love for both of them to make some tunes, as i previously said each map depending on what world (theme) i would pick there songs for. SO for instance the song sonny just made im most likely going to use that on a ice/snow kinda world. So if masterkhufu wants to make one for a fire world then that'd be great :D
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:39 pm

i'd like to hear what he's written for you if you don't mind :)

i've also been taking a little break from the computer, which is why nothing is done yet. i also don't like rushing things.
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:08 pm

http://www.type3studios.com/forum2/view ... 9&start=10

fearsonny wrote:well i finally had a little time to work on something, but i didnt want to get too far with out ur approval. so heres what i got so far.

mod music.mp3 - 1.10MB

lemme know what u think and i will continue on and put more effort into it if u like it

:-D
Dont know about a time limit, probably wont be any time soon if there is one.
<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:25 pm

masterkhufu wrote:i'd like to hear what he's written for you if you don't mind :)

i've also been taking a little break from the computer, which is why nothing is done yet. i also don't like rushing things.

Well nic put the link there, sonny worked on a song :D

And like i said in the email, please take your time, i dont want you to be rushed as its you helping me out, so you can take aslong as you want as im still working on the mod.

Most importantly enjoy it :)
<<

fearsonny

Private 2
Private 2

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:09 pm

good vision there dan :) definitely seems like that tune would be best for an ice world :)
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:25 pm

nic, ima take you up on your offer for your bro's song. send me the song when you get the chance. :)

i'm also up for the contest.

but there should be more specific rules, i.e:

1.) type of instruments used

2.) number of instruments

3.) number of songs

4.) song length

5.) moods for each song

6.) other misc. info
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:05 pm

As far as the contest, heh, thats between you two music makers, I really would have no clue where to set limits on that stuff.

As for my bro's song, might take a while, he lost the one he wanted you to remake lol. I'll try and have him make up some details and get the song back for ya.
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:20 pm

kk
<<

fearsonny

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:17 pm

if masterkhufu wants to do it then i am cool with it. although there were a few contest rules that he stated above that would really limit me, and i am really truly doing this just to help out dan. like kind of instruments and number of instruments for example. i program all my own synths and do so based upon the mood that begins to unfold while making a song. also my "instruments" usually consist of many synths layered to make one nice phat sound. i think a limitation on the duration of the tune would have to be up to dan. do u want looping songs? are u trying to keep file sizes small?

masterkhufu id love to hear some of ur music! i think it would be just as entertaining to work WITH u to help out dan ;)
Next

Return to Sound / Music