FAQ  •  Login

Music contest.

<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Re: Music contest.

fearsonny wrote:if masterkhufu wants to do it then i am cool with it. although there were a few contest rules that he stated above that would really limit me, and i am really truly doing this just to help out dan. like kind of instruments and number of instruments for example. i program all my own synths and do so based upon the mood that begins to unfold while making a song. also my "instruments" usually consist of many synths layered to make one nice phat sound. i think a limitation on the duration of the tune would have to be up to dan. do u want looping songs? are u trying to keep file sizes small?

masterkhufu id love to hear some of ur music! i think it would be just as entertaining to work WITH u to help out dan ;)

Well, for the rules, i wouldn't really agree to well on them. As i want music made freely, rather then music made for a contest. Not saying i wont want music from a contest, i just mean id rather music made with no limitations. Rather then you making a tune were your only allowed to use 1 instrument, i dont want that, i just want something normal :D

Like the tune you made so far sonny.
So for all the limitations for the music, thats up to you what you do.
As it weren't my idea. I just basicly want you to freely make some good tunes :D
So dont make any rules that limits you, thats what i mean.

And no memory size im not trying to keep low. Make it as large as you need to :D
And yup i want looping songs, but that doesn't mean the song needs to be the same rythm so that it sounds correct when it loops. I dont specificly need that, i just basicly want a song, and i can loop it myself in maps.
So just ignore the whole loop thing :D Just basicly try to make the songs really long if you can ;)

Thanks
-Dan
<<

fearsonny

Private 2
Private 2

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 pm

alright dan ;) im kind of thinkin f the contest and me and master should just do our best to make some kick *** music for ur mod :D
<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:25 pm

fearsonny wrote:alright dan ;) im kind of thinkin f the contest and me and master should just do our best to make some kick bottom music for ur mod :D

Sounds good to me :D
I just want some aswome tunes :D :D
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:10 pm

haha, i'm sorry fearsonny, i wasn't thinking about your custom sounds. when i write music, i usually work with instruments from an orchestra with sheet music, so, just sort of a habit to think that everyone writes music that way :P

yeah, the instrument limitation wouldn't be fair. but as far as duration and looping stuff goes, that would be all up to dan.

and i'd like to work with you too to help him out.

i've been working on some ideas for a fire world. i've got some raunchy ideas for a brass ensemble, but not sure if i want to add some strings, like "ride of the valkyries-esque."
<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:09 pm

masterkhufu wrote:haha, i'm sorry fearsonny, i wasn't thinking about your custom sounds. when i write music, i usually work with instruments from an orchestra with sheet music, so, just sort of a habit to think that everyone writes music that way :P

yeah, the instrument limitation wouldn't be fair. but as far as duration and looping stuff goes, that would be all up to dan.

and i'd like to work with you too to help him out.

i've been working on some ideas for a fire world. i've got some raunchy ideas for a brass ensemble, but not sure if i want to add some strings, like "ride of the valkyries-esque."

Umm, the sounds ingame will be looped. But you dont neccesarily need to make them looped yourselves, like for instance you dont need to make the end of a song sound the same beat as the start of a song. That doesn't matter. I will loop it myself ingame. But just basicly make it a real long tune, so yes, if you need to then loop it :D

And i'd love to hear some of your tunes for a fire world :D
The only real thing i can say is, when you make the tunes based on a mood, for instance your thinking of a fire one, so that doesn't mean it has to be a dark scary tune :D the only guidline you should stick to is make the tune calm and relaxing. Not scary sounding, because i dont want to frighten the player :o :t3razz:

So yup, just basicly long and relaxing tunes :t3cool:
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:54 pm

ah, well that's very helpful. when you said fire, i started thinking of scary walls of flames and stuff. but relaxing is good too.

nice to have a direction from the artist.
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:43 pm

Idea here.
I can build a logic system so that the player can pick which songs he wants to hear while playing. In addition I could make it so when he gets to the fire world, the fire track is unlocked. And so on.

Only restriction is that he would have to get to the very end of the mod, then get sent back to the begining, in order to have all the songs in the 1st map.
<<

Craziestdan

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:38 am

Nicadeamas wrote:.
Idea here.
I can build a logic system so that the player can pick which songs he wants to hear while playing.

There's no need. As there will be more then 1 map per stage. +The chapters are going to be selectable in their own choice. Im not making them play through each 1, 1 after the other.
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:02 pm

how's the zentech mod coming along? :P
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:03 pm

Zentech mod is still pressing foward. Although I havent hardly had any time to work on it. Actually I've had so much around the hosue to do that at least 50% of whatever free time is left on the computer goes toward helping other people and posting of forums.
And to add to that Ross scot needs me to build / fix up some more maps for his combine videos. This time he is doing some kind of contest.
But yes, Zentech is still progessing, and I have some news that I might as well go ahead and post. Check out the Zetnech forum.
PreviousNext

Return to Sound / Music