Friendly Neighborhood Composer needs to organize his clutter

<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:09 pm

Friendly Neighborhood Composer needs to organize his clutter

hey guys,

i wanted to make a small post about some of the interest there might be in me writing music for some of the other mods on here. Nic sent me a message the other day asking if I'd be wiling to help out Vecima, Kenny, and joff with their respective projects.

My initial answer is that I would love to, however, there are some things that should be considered:

1.) If Nic was right, and you are interested, please send me a PM on the forums to let me know, and what projects you have in mind, that would be a huge help.

2.) The deadlines are also very important. I would hate to hinder any of your production schedules due to my business.

3.) It is going to be some time before I can devote the time necessary to write music for you - I have four other major projects that I am currently working on, which, if they are not tended to first, would leave me in a very tricky position later on. So in short, I'd like to get those other projects done first (for my own sanity's sake) before I commit myself to any of your projects - it's a lot more fair to you guys.

So please keep some of those things in mind, and if you're interested like Nic said you were, please send me a PM, and I will be sure to get back to you.

@ Nic - I'm at home right now, so I won't be able to fix those files until either Monday or Tuesday - sorry for the delay. I hope that having the other files will allow you to further your work.
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:12 pm

Re: Friendly Neighborhood Composer needs to organize his clutter

No problem, I got enough now to keep me busy for at least 2 more weeks before I need the changed files. (And even that is if I'm able to put all my free time toward zentech.) :t3biggrin:
TY TY TY!! :t3holiday:
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:45 pm

np buddy, glad to see that things are coming together!
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:51 am

I may come to you at a later time because the soundtrack for Five is very different than the music you are likely working on, since it relies heavily on field recording and sampled sound mixing. I've been doing a few experimental throw togethers that are around a minute each, I might release one of the tracks in question in a future update to the blog, I might not, depending on how horrible it sounds. At any rate the music is there to prevent mapping fatigue for me, so I work on it on and off. If you want me to send some samples and the demo tracks to see what you can do by all means let me know, since I can't read music at all let alone write any except by haphazardly playing it by ear. But since you've got plenty on your plate at the moment Five's soundtrack right now is a fairly low priority.
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:57 pm

sounds good, i plan to have at least 2 of the projects done by february, so I'll probably be able to take a look at those demo tracks sometime around then.

thanks for the input!

Return to Sound / Music