FAQ  •  Login

Five mod Semi-Public Test

<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:30 am

Five mod Semi-Public Test

Hello, fellow modders! I am currently testing out a map for my mod, Five.

Five is a mod that takes place on an island in the Atlantic Ocean. The player, a rogue Combine soldier, has broken out of confinement and is now loose in an abandoned quarter of a massive Combine base. You begin the level by riding a pod out of the underground and into the level proper. What will you do? Where will you go? There is no story yet, but there are plenty of systems to mess about with, and plenty of Combine and Zombies to murder. Go nuts, record your attempts at clearing the map with demos, and send me the .dem files so I can adjust the map accordingly.

TIPS ON PLAY:

- The map is fairly open. There's plenty of supplies if you scrounge thoroughly, so keep exploring and you'll keep finding useful things.

- The map is primarily balanced around the Hard difficulty. The reasons for this will become apparent quickly.

- Combine soldiers DO NOT DROP WEAPONS ON DYING. They are vaporized instantly. Place your shots carefully and regularly look for supplies to keep you going. Pick your fights carefully. :t3samfisher:

Please PM me if you would like to help playtest! I will send you a link to the Dropbox with the map files, readme, and changelog.

I will be pushing out iterations to adjust to player feedback, so expect new builds fairly frequently.
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: Five mod Semi-Public Test

It was cool! let me know when there's another build!
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Lol, I keep dying and forgetting to quick save. but I'm determined to make it through on hard. lol.
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:14 am

Version 18 was pushed to dropbox! Be sure to check out the changelist!
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:01 am

Version 19 has been pushed to dropbox! This is a pretty decent QOL patch, which includes an autosave_active as well as a specific save moment in the level for a new feature I added. Color correction has also been added, so be sure to add the .raw file for the best visual result. :t3holiday:
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:50 pm

There are new versions of Version 19 with Fog and Nightime skies, and the Night map has a prototype NVG filter. Give them a go and let me know how the visual changes (particularly the NVGs) impact your play experience! (No enemy placement changes for these versions yet. Later on, enemy placement will be modified based on time of day.)
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Thu May 25, 2017 7:49 pm

man, I'll have to give this another run through soon. I've been super work busy and haven't even checked in here in a while.
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:58 pm

No worries mate, I need to find the time to do more work on it. It's been chaos here lately.
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:20 pm

I've gone up a few iterations since the last post. I also had a hard drive crash so I had to move everything to Dropbox.

Return to 5