FAQ  •  Login

Progress thus far.

<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:12 pm

Re: Progress thus far.

I'll admit right now that Bean-o's figures were definitely far fetched. The mod has been floundering a bit since all of our members suddenly got short on time. HOWEVER, I'm working on a really nifty addition to the game that will spruce things up. And I'm also planning. Lots of planning. Lots of quick sketches at two o clock in the morning sorts of planning. Planning that keeps me up nights pondering which entities will work which ways. Believe me, I'm putting 100% into making this mod, and I will not rest until I have a quality product to give to the modding community. So apologies in advance if we seem sluggish, but it's really only because I am firmly dedicated to the quality of this product. I've tested each iteration of each map myself as I develop, so with any luck beta testing will be relatively smooth.

And before anyone asks, no, I'm not posting a release date.
When we get closer to release I might give a date.
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Hey can I borrow that post for my mod? :o
Just a few changes and it fits great. well okay okay, I'm only putting 75% into Zentech.

So, Have you got any pictures? Any other news? Plz plz plz I'm a News Thirsty Bear. BARK BARK... Huh? where did that come from? I dont even like dgos okay okay, maybe I stayed up to much and had to much beer... ROOT BEER HHAAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anyway, I have an apple, and it is wanting more news or pictures or just interesting posts of you posting about something to post about about 5.

And I go 2 bed now. Night nighty

Ohhh look the beaver just signed in. I been waiting for him. gotta chatt before bed. but this post don ya nighyt dark day. :t3holiday:
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:28 pm

don't apologize for slowing.

BOP has been in development for 3 years now, and our first release is only going to be 3 maps. everyone here knows that in game development, things hardly ever work out how you expect them, which always leads to delays. add to that the fact that we are all making mods (not being paid) and it's easy to see how other things wind up taking priority.

that said, i'm looking forward to the mod, and any news about it, as it becomes available.
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:25 am

Yeah, I was tired there. 8-)

Heh, you know, Vecima is right about everything always not going how you would expect, I'm just wandering why I still expect things to go faster then they do.

So, looking forward to any more news you have as well. Newest update is awsume. I love it. :o
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:23 am

this may be an unpopular post of mine,

but i was wondering if you guys have ever finished a project you started on. it seems as though when you hit a roadblock or something, or you get bored with the idea, you start a new mod or project.

just thought i'd ask.
<<

Kenny

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:25 am

This is actually our first mod project.
<<

masterkhufu

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:46 am

my question was more for the guys that weren't on the mod 5 dev team. sorry i posted in the 5 dev section, i guess i didn't think about where i posted.
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:55 pm

I'm not sure who you were asking about but personally i've never started a new mod out of boredom.

in fact I've only got one true mod project, BOP. I made part of a map for The Rebel, but that has been Nicadeamas's project.

I think your perception may be skewed by the fact that Nicadeamas has so many projects... but i wouldn't accuse him of being a non-finisher (just check the maps page, and you'll see what i mean).

in short, there are a lot of projects here on the type 3 forums, but most of us only really have 1 project i think (though i can't speak for everyone).
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:36 pm

Well okay okay, The person / people your addressing best fits me. haha. There are other mods besides The Rebel and Zentech I've been in / lead.
The First mod I was ever in was called Abandond. With a fellow named Adam. The Mines map in The Rebel origenally was started in that mod. After a month or 3 Adam left, and I kept working and thinking about the mod. And after a while I ended up with such an excellent Zombie storyline that I desided not to finish it unless I had all the skills an resources I needed to actually finish it the right way. So it's one of those things I want to get back to soemday when I can actually do it. The Mod not sits in my arcives known as Guardian.

Then I joined a huge mod called E.Y.E. ( Y. not V. ) I was getting better at mapping but still didnt know wite what I was doing And I left because only 1 or 2 of the members spoke english, and even then it was really hard to understand.

Then there was Cops. I had / have a modeling friend who loves cops and wanted to make a mod for it, So I told him if he could learn how to get his really nice models into source I would help him make his mod. But after a while he left for a game like battlefield. And I cant remember the name of that game.

Next mod was The Rebel, Which I hope to finish, but I dont think I will anytime soon.

Then Zentech, over half way done and I'm still working on it. Yes, I am going to finish it and get back to work on The Rebel as soon as I posibly can. :t3cool:

But no, I have never finished any Mods. But I have finished a lot of maps hehe.
<<

DeathSpector

Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:42 pm

Nicadeamas wrote:.
*trollz*
But no, I have never finished any Mods. But I have finished a lot of maps hehe.

Yeah, really. For others. :t3razz: Try doing your own work. Instead of others work for! them.
They probably don't learn much when you do that you know. :t3blackninja:
(you know I was going to say it one day) :t3blkninjavanish:

From ->one *troll* a *trollinz*.

-------------------------------------------

Hey where did Bean-O Go?
Previous

Return to 5