FAQ  •  Login

quick quick quick stop before I go.

<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:44 pm

quick quick quick stop before I go.

Alright, been rushed for the past 48 hours.
So I'm leaving for 5 days, wish I could stay and talk but gotta go.

Btw if you want to try it out I also rushed to put out a major update on my L4D2 campaign, and threw it up at L4D2maps.com
http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=10998

So, have fun with it if you like. It will also have a update tomorrow to make the final easier.
Anyway, I gotta go, have a fun time while I'm gone everyone.
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: quick quick quick stop before I go.

awesome... I'll have to give this a try when I get back on monday. Were you ever able to FTP to your site here on Type 3?
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Woot, I'm back... And strange enough we brought 3 of the 9 people back with us to be returned at a later date lol.
But anyway, Was lots of fun and yes I was able to get into the FTP thanks to you, huge thanks for that btw, As it turned out if that had not worked the campaign would have gone down hill really fast and hard on L4D2maps.com.
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Nicadeamas wrote:... if that had not worked the campaign would have gone down hill really fast and hard on L4D2maps.com.

How come? Is your website one of the download mirrors?
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:03 pm

It's the secondary DL mirrors yes. But the reason It would have crashed and burned without the site working is because when I had originally uploaded the update to L4D2maps.com, it was Version 2.3
Version 2.3 had really long hordes that happened way to often. It didn't have reliable instructions throughout the maps for how players could use the gnome. And the ending was pretty much unbeatable. I only made it through once in a server of 5 with a few cheats on like extra puke everywhere. (And even then we only made it because I went directly where I needed to go and opened a door while they all ran around dieing.)
But the day after I left, one of my friends updated the campaign to version 2.4 which they got off of the site.
So if the FTP never worked, I wouldn't have been able to get Version 2.4 up for my friend to upload to L4D2maps.com, and Everyone would have butchered the campaign on the ratings because they couldn't beat it.
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:24 pm

gotcha. well I'm glad that was averted ;)

Return to General / Off Topic Discussion